Saturday, January 4, 2014

Miscellaneous cakes of 2013

Since I started making cakes this past september I had a chance to make other sorts of cakes besides birthday cakes. Some were for family or holiday partys. Here they are:
Penn State cake for football party. White cake with chocolate buttercream filling vanilla buttercream outside and fondant accents. 
This cake was donated to a bake sale were the proceeds went to a charity in our community. It was some of my very first roses ever made. The cake was a butter pecan cake with butter pecan frosting. All accents are fondant.
This cake was another one that was donated to the bake sale. It is a upside down apple cake with caramel frosting. Each cake Layer had a layer of sliced apples baked into the bottom of them. The apples are sculpted out of homemade modeling chocolate with clove centers. The leaves were traced onto parchment paper with melted candy melts and cooled. 
This was a baby shower cake I had the honor of making. They requested this cake after seeing my cake at the bake sale. She requested certain color roses to match the decor for the sower. It was a white cake with buttercream. Accents are fondant and gumpaste. 
Cake I made just because. I had a few layers of cake left over and decided to try my hand at buttercream roses since I haven't made them since class. 
This cake was for a 50th wedding anniversary. It was a white and chocolate layer cake with buttercream. The roses and leaves were royal icing dried then edges painted with edible gold dust. 
This cake was made for a christmas party. The lady requested a picture that she had on a set of dishes in her dining room be put on the cake. After careful thinking I decided to try my hand at free hand painting it onto a piece of fondant then putting it onto a cake. It was a white and chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. This is the plate she gave me to use:
The tree limb sides of the plate were replicated for the cake using fondant. It was a awesome cake to do. It opened a door for me with painting on cakes. 
This cake was made for my familys christmas get together. It was a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. All decrations are made from cream cheese frosting. 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment