Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Daddy Cake!

My Dads birthday was this past september. He can be very particular in the sweets department he doesn't like things real sweet and he is the type that would just rather have more crust or any of the crucnchy part in any dessert. So after talking to my mom I decided on a german chocolate cake. One of his favorites. I finally decided on a recipe and was down to deciding on the actual theme. I wanted somthing special somthing that when he looked at it he would know thats his cake. He is a jack of all trades I would call it. He can literally build a house from the ground up it was so amazing to me when I was young and even now he built my oldest sister a beautiful house and is currently working on my youngest sisters. So... back to the cake. I wanted it to have certain things that went along with what he does a hammer which is a mini replica of my papas that he used some nails and of course his choo choo carpenter pencil. Then I thought I wanted somthing that was a wow factor. I had seen in another cake a saw blade that was on the side of the cake where it seemed like it was cutting into the cake.  I used that idea along with a little graham cracker for saw dust and here is my dads birthday cake. I think it turned out great! 



No comments:

Post a Comment